Brainwave entrainment is a neuro-technological tool that can facilitate the self-hypnosis process for healing and change in a fast and effective manner.
Changing thoughts and behaviour patterns is the core function of self-hypnosis and can only be done effectively by by-passing your conscious critical mind, and directly communicating with your subconscious mind, the holder of your blueprint on how you interpret and react to life.
Entrainment introduces the frequency necessary for self-hypnosis, the theta wave, to the brain in a repeated and rhythmic manner, with the intention of changing its dominant frequency. Using a physic’s principle called frequency following response, the brain follows the stimulus and soon mimics or entrains to its frequency, changing its brain state.
Using brainwave entrainment to hypnotize yourself is an easy way to clear your unwanted thoughts or behaviours while installing new, better thoughts and attitudes for the betterment of your life.
Self-Hypnosis With Brainwave Entrainment
· Find a quiet place where you won’t be disturbed and sit in a comfortable chair or on the bed. You can lie down but you may be tempted to take a little nap instead of hypnotizing yourself, so it is better if you sit up. Make sure you are wearing loose- fitting clothing so you won’t be distracted.
· Look over a short script that you have pre-written that will facilitate your visualizations later on (what new thoughts you want to have, what new ways of expressing yourself, or maybe new things you desire).
· Put your headphones on, select your recording, and shut your eyes. You should immediately (within 6 minutes) start feeling quite relaxed. That being said, you have to feel positively about the entrainment experience before anything will happen. You are always in control of your own mind. Your body will respond by releasing tension, limb by limb. You can encourage this by actively thinking about relaxing each body part.
· Focus on the sound of the recording. You should hear rhythmic beats or pulses. Follow their path and as you are doing so, let any thoughts that pop up, flow by without engaging them.
· As time passes, your thoughts will come less, and less often. Keep focused on the beats or pulses.
· At this point, you will be aware, but not of your body. You will feel yourself, but not in a physical way.
· This would be the opportune time to begin visualizing your prepared script that you would like your subconscious to accept.
· Envision your new script in complete technicolor and utilize all of your senses. The subconscious mind uses images as its language, so imagine in pictures and add what that image feels, smells, tastes, feels, and sounds like.
· The stronger you can visualize your desire, the stronger the imprint on your subconscious.
· Hold you new thoughts for a few minutes… really enjoy them as if they were already part of your life.
· When you have completed your changes, focus back on the sound of the recording, following the beat or pulses, and let yourself drift away.
· Before you know it, the recording will be over and the last thirty minutes will seem like a few short moments.
· Repeat this session over the new few weeks and you’ll soon see a big difference in how you interpret and play out your experiences.
Turning yourself into someone who doesn’t stress-out and takes life calmly and easily… doesn’t come easily. It takes practice and dedication to have it appear natural to your being.
Brainwave entrainment is a very fast way to get you into a trance state and keep you there, aiding in your self-hypnosis experience. Your new thoughts and impressions will have a greater effect on your reactions because entraining holds you consistently in the frequency that can change your programming.
Self-hypnosis is a naturally occurring state of mind and entrainment can heighten that experience.