Chronic body pain is what the patient has to endure day and night. Fibromyalgia pain treatments are applied to alleviate this pain; through the following:
1. Analgesics or painkillers – Acetaminophen (Tylenol), tramaldon, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs or NSAIDs (aspirin) or naproxen sodium.
2. Antidepressant – Amitriptylene, to promote sleep; fluoxetine (prozac), duloxetine (cymbalta) – to lose pain and fatigue; and milacipren (savella). This drug relieves the users from depression and anxiety;
3. Anti-seizure drugs Gabapenin (neuroton); pregabolin (lyrica) This medicine is designed to treat epilepsy and reduce pain.
1. Physical therapy – This is the use of specific exercise to restore muscular balance and decrease pain;
2. Counseling – It makes use of the Cognitive Behavior Therapy to motivate the patient to believe in his ability to deal with his difficult situation.
Life style therapy:
Non- medical therapy is a part of fibromyalgia pain treatment which assists the patient to alter the way he manages his life:
1. Better sleep and dietary change – He must improve his sleeping and eating style;
2. Exercise and aerobics – He does physical activities daily to improve physical health;
3. Occupational changes – He adopts mild adjustment to his work or in it is not possible, he must seek for a new employment;
1. Acupuncture – Needles are inserted to provide pain relief;
2. Chiropractic and massage therapy – Body, muscles, spine and joints are manipulated to reduce pain; and
3. Hypnotherapy or Hypnosis – Induce trance-like states to increase awareness, manage stress and relaxation.
Fibromyalgia pain treatment has only one objective, to relieve pain; it is done in this simple formula – find the symptom, apply the treatment.